February 2011-August 2012

03 March 2011

Week 2

Ok, well, I have even more emails to read than last week, so I'm going to keep this short. So this is why you should write me on DearElder.com... so I get it the SAME day and can respond to you all! ;)

Our devotional speaker this week was Bishop Richard C. Edgley and his wife, of the presiding bishopric. It was fantastic.

Our RS speaker was Sister Ann M. Dibb of the General Young Women's presidency and the daughter of President Thomas S. Monson... you know... the prophet. Yeah Her talk was awesome. And afterwards, she opened up a Q&A session for all the sisters to ask anything about her parents. So fun.

My Spanish is still coming slow... very slow. But I am making progress! Yesterday my companions and I contacted in total Spanish... that's like a 5 minute conversation all in Spanish. And I understood about 80% of what the contactee said back! hahaha... I guess since 2 weeks ago I could understand 0% of anything in Spanish, that's pretty good! I'm still accidentally spewing German when I go to say something in Spanish, so that's irritating. Hopefully it will stop soon. I'm seriously remembering all sorts of German I never even knew that I knew... WEIRD.

2 of Our roommates went to the Spain MTC last week, and the other one moved into a new room to be with her new companion. So we got 2 new sisters yesterday. They are both going to the Philippines, so they're learning Tagalog. One of them is also Tongan (but from SLC), so Hermana Ponaveitongo is having fun speaking Tongan in her own room!

I'm sick. So is Hermana Randall. So we didn't get to go to the Temple today. I basically have no voice. And I spent most of the day yesterday in class trying not to vomit all over my dear companions. So that's fun. But I'll get better soon. Just pray harder for me! ;)

Well, that's pretty much all I'm going to say. I love you all. The church is true. The Spirit is powerful. Get in your life and keep it there.

Loves loves loves!!!
Hermana Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections of Christ

">