February 2011-August 2012

15 June 2011

June 15

Sorry that I didn't get to write on Monday, but at least now you only have to wait 5 days to hear from me again!! As usual, SO much to say and no time to say it. Thanks so much for all of the emails from everyone! When I opened up my email today I had 19 emails to read!!! Made my day. Especially since I haven't gotten any mail the last few days! **HINT HINT**
Well, the main thing I want to write about is the Monrroy Family: Sergio and Maria, and their two children Vannessa (13) and Jhair (10). They are amazing. I hate the term golden investigator, because all of God's children are golden in His eyes... but they ARE PREPARED. And Why are they prepared? Because they have lived among many members while living in Nampa, Idaho and West Valley, Utah and they have SEEN your examples. They have FELT of your love and goodness. And now they WANT to KNOW for themselves and have all these good things for their children. When I was in the MTC, I had a lot of really great lessons, but I also knew that real life lessons are never "MTC perfect." Well, now I know that they CAN EXIST in the real world. Because we've had THREE of them with the Monrroy family. Every time all four of them are sincerely wanting to hear what we have to say. All four of them participate, even when it might be especially hard for Jhair because he doesn't speak Spanish. (He and I click really well because I don't really speak Spanish, either! haha So I go over things in English with him to make sure he's understanding everything.) This family has asked us to come every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 4:30pm. And they are always there... waiting for us. They READ the scriptures we invite them to read. They are praying. They have cleared their schedules completely on Sunday so that they will never have an issue coming to church (except they need a ride, which is totally different story). All 4 of them loved church last Sunday. A member at church gave them a copy of the Gospel Principles manual and Sergio and Maria are reading it together, and they love it. Sergio asked us about tithing because he wants to pay it. Seriously, THIS NEVER HAPPENS. Part of me is amazed at the miracles Heavenly Father is allowing me to witness with this family because they are just so prepared. Because of good and faithful members like YOU. I wonder if the members ever knew that this family would look up the church when they moved away. Probably not. So I hope you are all being that kind of friendly, loving, powerful example for good in the lives of your family, friends, and neighbors who don't yet enjoy the blessings of the Gospel in their lives. Part of me is also saying, "This is too good to be true. It can't be THIS easy. What's going to be their hang up?" haha But seriously, I really don't think they are going to have one. Because they are so prepared for these blessings in their lives!
Well, as for everyone else we are teaching, no one else really seems to be progressing because just like Amulek, "they know, but would not know... they hear, but would not hear." We are going to have an awesome lesson with David tonight though. He's going to understand tonight more fully just how ready he really is to make a covenant with God in baptism. And the Espinoza family... Melissa no longer wants to have anything to do with going to church really. Can't figure out what happened, but her attitude is one of... perhaps jealousy? now that we are teaching her father... Not sure. We are going to start working with the Hermano and Hermana Espinoza alone once a week though to help them learn how to mend their relationship and maybe hopefully get married one day... PRAY FOR US. I know if we teach them the doctrine of the Atonement though according to their understanding, that it can have a powerful influence on their hearts to soften and change. We watched "Fireproof" as a district yesterday. Incredible. Seriously, you should all watch it.
Well I'm just about out of time! I love you all so very much! Happy Father's Day to all the incredible men in my life. I'm so grateful to each one of you!
Tanner, GET THOSE PAPERS IN!!!! What are you waiting for?!?! You only have one interview left! Hurry up dude!
Loves loves loves!
Herman Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections of Christ

">