February 2011-August 2012

12 December 2011

December 12, 2011 I Believe in Miracles

Well, I don't know how we did it, but last week was the best week we've had so far this transfer. God is so good to us. I don't know why He is being so very merciful to us, but He is just POURING out the blessings. And I've been so humbled by that this week. We found 4 new investigators--the sister and nieces of Cesar, received 6 referrals, and had Cesar's baptism!! So many miracles. Compared to many other weeks I've had in the mission, maybe that doesn't sound like a big deal... but this transfer has been a slow one due to many other circumstances--with ZERO new investigators and ZERO referrals until now. And as the cherry on top of it all, we got our gas turned back on!!! YAY FOR HOT WATER!!!! And oven. And stove. And heat. We're SO grateful!! Aside from heating up tortillas like the real Latina I'm becoming, the first thing I made was Kathy's famous pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. SO GOOD. EVERY TIME. Anyway, so many miracles all in one week.

Cesar's baptism was great!! And members actually came!!! (Which was especially great because our speakers didn't show up so we asked some others on the fly and they did great!) And so did some of our other investigators! Cesar is just AWESOME. I am SO happy every time I see how happy HE IS. God's plan for us is really one of happiness. Men are that they might have JOY. And there is enough to go around for everyone when we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The entire purpose of this gospel is so that we all might experience a fullness of joy now and for eternity. Now who WOULDN'T want that?! Yesterday was full of LOTS OF JOY. 

And LOTS of singing. We sang a special musical number in Sacrament mtg. Then another one at Cesar's baptism. And then it was the Stake Christmas Music Devotional, where we sang with two other choirs--a missionary one and a ward one. It's a new experience learning Christmas songs in Spanish, but I'm liking it. It's going to be weird eventually going home and going to church again in English. haha 

Anyway, I love you all and I hope you have a great week spreading Christmas cheer, which in one word: the GOSPEL. Loves loves loves!!!

Hermana Blackburn, the one and only ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections of Christ

">