February 2011-August 2012

19 March 2012

March 19, 2012 Me toca! It's my turn!

Well so much has happened in the last week that I don't even know where to begin. But I won't bore you with all the ridiculous details. I'll just tell you that it was one of the best weeks Hna. White and I had as far as the work goes here in Sylmar. We were able to start teaching Natalia--a referral from other elders. And she has a baptismal date now! We're stoked about that! Heavenly Father has blessed us a lot with finding new investigators. We have done ZERO finding. They have all come to us. Randomly showing up at members' homes or even at the church... I am really grateful that I get to leave Sylmar on an upswing!

Because I'm getting transferred!!!! Yep, that's right folks. After 6 transfers and 9 months--half of my entire mission!--in Sylmar, it is finally my turn to leave. Of course I'm REALLY going to miss everyone here, but they deserve to have someone else serve here for awhile. And our area is getting split as well, because we are getting too many new missionaries this transfer so President had to make room for them somewhere. Speaking of new missionaries, Hna. White is going to train again! She'll be great! :)

I'm not going very far. I'll still be in the same zone, and in the same stake, here in the San Fernando Valley. I'm going to be in the North Hollywood 4th ward though, covering a chunk of the ghetto of North Hollywood. It'll be a nice to change. And I'm exciting to work in one the very few Spanish wards that actually REALLY functions like it's supposed to. They are super supportive of the missionaries and the work of sharing the gospel, and I'm STOKED to experience that big blessing as a missionary. Because that has definitely NOT been my experience neither in Sylmar nor in Canyon Country.

My new companion will be Hna. Prince, from St. George. She's a sweetheart so I hope she'll be just as patient with me as Hna. White has been. I'm going to need a lot. She's been out for 5 transfers, so her Spanish is really good. Probably better than mine, let's be honest. So I'm a little bit terrified about all these changes, but I'm stoked for a change. If that makes any sense. Good thing I'm a pro at moving. This will be my 27th move in 6 years. So it's my 9th (out of 12) transfers, 4th area, and 6th companion in the mission. Time keeps moving doesn't it. Wow! This has been and still is such a wonderful time in my life--in spite of all the REALLY HARD THINGS about being a missionary. 

Ok anyway, that's all I have time for today, but hopefully you can all finally see the pictures of the Liahona I made. I know making you wait for a month has been almost too much to bear. ;) haha Anyway I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Blackburn

P.S. Here's my new address:
6835 Laurel Canyon Blvd #408
North Hollywood, CA 91605

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections of Christ

">