February 2011-August 2012

04 May 2011

Week 10

Well, I really don't have much time to write, but I obviously had to say SOMETHING, right? :)

1. My companion is still awesome.
2. Our area... well, we have lots of work to do. :)
3. My Spanish... starting tomorrow I'm going to go on an English fast except for when we teach youth in English. Hopefully that will help. It's just really hard to improve your Spanish when you're immersed in English. So keep those prayers coming! :)
4. Our investigators. We had 4 of them at church yesterday!!! Such a great day!! Melissa is still incredible. And still planning on getting baptized May 22. David is still good... still progressing, but he rejected the invitation to be baptized on May 22... he doesn't want to put a date to work towards. But he does want to be baptized. Will you all just pray that his heart will be touched with the urgency of baptism? It's not the end goal... just the first step! But Hna. Kiewra and I both left our lesson on Thursday with this overwhelming comfort from the Spirit that we literally have done everything we can to do our part for David, and now it's up to him. But here's the great thing... the Spirit taught us both that it is now His job to work with David. When we invited David last week to live the word of wisdom and to not drink coffee for a week, he said he wouldn't promise that. Then we said 3 days. Then we said one day. He said, "I'll try." That's as far as he would commit. haha But guess what? Yeah... he hasn't drunk coffee in over a week! So after we left on Thursday the Spirit just reassured us both that now that we got that date stuck in his head, the Spirit could work on him. So just keep him in your prayers! The Lopez family is receiving some blessings... after two years of being unemployed, RIgo has finally had some construction jobs the last couple weeks. So great!! However, that does mean that we only have been able to teach them once this last week. But Rigo and Balbina both came to church on Sunday, so that's awesome! Pray for them... specifically that Balbina will feel the desire to get married ASAP. Cuz that is the only thing holding them back right now.
5. MOM!!!! YOUR PACKAGES WERE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks you so so so so so so much!!! They made my whole week. And my roommate is obsessed with the water bottle. She presses it every time she walks by my desk so I constantly hear hoops & yoyo. I love it! haha And Aunt Jan & Uncle Tim, thanks so much for your letter!! So fun to hear from you again!! I'm SO glad that Clay is home safe and sound! Sounds like he got back just in time! Hope things start to look up for them and that they'll be able to find a house in FL quickly! And yes, I can email all family and friends, so whatever you decide. I love your letters, but I love emails, too. :)
6. I get to call home on Sunday. I don't know exactly when I'll be calling, because I can't really call from our apartment. We don't get a signal on our phone very often. haha Lame. So it will be between 4-7 my time... which I guess is between 7-10 your time right? PM of course. Sorry I can't be more specific than that. We have a lunch appointment that is way far away, so I don't really know how long it will take for us to get home... But Erika, I'm going to try and call you for a few minutes, too. So don't leave your phone from 4-7pm PT on Sunday. Capiche? Ok good!
7. Happy Belated birthday to Anna!! Look for something in the mail. I didn't forget you, I promise!!! Loves
8. Logan and Liz, I can't to find out if you're having a boy or a girl!! I think it's a girl though. ;) And 2 pounds? Seriously... that's ridiculous.
9. Honduran food makes me really really sick. I can' even imagine how Ryland has survived the last two years! haha Oh yeah, and I can't understand a single word that comes out of Hondurans' mouths, either. Stellar. I love that feeling. :) haha
10. Eryn Sinclair, I can't wait to hear all about your new trainer-life! WRITE ME!!!


Ok really, the most important thing I have to say is that the Church is still true. I still love the Lord. And I love you all so very much. You're all in my prayers!

Loves loves loves
Hermana Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections of Christ

">