February 2011-August 2012

01 August 2011

August 1, 2011

Ok Well this week has been one of the slowest weeks of my mission. And this transfer is definitely the slowest, too... But I think that perception is because we've lost almost everyone we were teaching so we're pretty much starting from scratch here in Sylmar. Lots of finding. Lots of knocking. Asking everyone for referrals. Trying to make use of all the resources which we have, like the Family History Center, church tours, the Temple Visitors Center, etc. We've found a few more people, but I feel really strongly that we haven't yet met the person or family we are supposed to... I don't know if that makes sense, but it's how I feel.

I wish I had something really inspiring or uplifting to share with you all, but this week was just a week that I can proudly say I survived, even if I didn't thrive. Did any of you read that article in the Ensign a few months ago about the Dandelion and the Prison? It was about how dandelions can thrive in even the harshest conditions, like a crack in the sidewalk. Well, I think for much of my life I have been transformed from a fragile orchid into a hearty marigold... but I'm definitely not yet at the stage of being a dandelion. haha I'm working on it. And I'm trying to allow this transfer to help me out with that... but being squeezed between two cement slabs so to speak is rather uncomfortable, even for a dandelion, don't you think? haha Ok well that's pretty much all I have to say...

Although I did an activity this last week that I STRONGLY encourage all of you to do. Go through your Patriarchal Blessing specifically looking for all the things that Heavenly Father expects or requires of you. Wow... yeah I took 4 pages of notes, and my blessing is only 2 pages long... I've always read my blessing looking for the things that I've been "blessed with" but just this week did I realize that most of the time when my blessing says "You are blessed to be..." that it really is listing an expectation that Heavenly Father has for me. WOW. Talk about mind-boggling. And Uplifting and encouraging. And a bit chastening... Well you should all do that this week. It took me a few days, but it was totally worth it.

God is good. I love you all!!

Love,
Hermana Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections of Christ

">