February 2011-August 2012

14 November 2011

November 14, 2011 Holidays in Sylmar!

Well Hermana Erickson and I get to spend another transfer together here in Sylmar!! And we are both SO excited! Three transfers with one companion is a record for both of us! And we're just so grateful that we work SO well together and have a great time. After our exchanges a couple weeks ago we had both decided that we just wanted to stay together... haha So we're excited for 6 more weeks. And to be together for Christmas!! :) So mom, you can just send that Christmas music I asked for to me here in Sylmar. Thanks!

Well, we certainly ended the transfer with a bang last week! We had 9 lessons where members accompanied us--I think that's a record in this ward, because no one ever wants to come with us! And we had 7 of our investigators at church. It probably had something to do with me playing piano for the primary program and telling them it might be my last Sunday here... haha Funny how a little motivation goes a long way sometimes. ;) But then most of them ended up staying for the whole 3 hours and LOVED it! See?! We've been telling them all along they were going to love it, and we were right!

Well do you remember Cesar who I told you about last week? The man who just showed up at church after a 5 min conversation with us? Well, We taught him 4 times this last week. He came to church again, and then a baptism, and then a special devotional from the Conference Center for Spanish speaking members of the Church. He bought a whole car load of Vitamin Water so that he can stop drinking coffee. He watched the Restoration movie TWICE on Saturday night. Yeah... don't worry. He has a baptismal date for December right now. But it is SO fun to teach people who just WANT to be taught, and who understand what you're teaching them! Seriously, how am I SO blessed to teach all of these amazing people? I'm not really sure, but I'm SO grateful.

We are teaching this boy who's family has been inactive for several years, named Sebastian. Well, there is this demonstration you do with an empty tea bag and you light it on fire while someone holds it in their hand, but just before you think it burns you, it floats up into the air. We use is to teach Faith. Well, I've done it LOTS of times. I've never had a problem, with anyone. I've never heard of anyone having a problem either. But we tried to do it with Sebastian, and half-way down, he FREAKED OUT and blew it into Hna. Erickson's face--flames and all! haha I thought her hair was going to catch on fire! But gratefully it didn't. But now we know that when you ask "Do you trust me?" and the person says "NO" that you should have someone else do it! hahaha... Oh man. Never a dull moment as a missionary! :)
Anyway, life is good. The work is moving forward here in Sylmar, and we're looking forward to another great transfer of helping God's children come unto Him and make sacred promises with Him and receive all the blessings that God has in store for them! Have a great week!

I love you all!

Hermana Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections of Christ

">