Well, I definitely have A LOT to be grateful for, so in no particular order, here a just a few that came to my mind:
1) THE BEST MOTHER IN THE WORLD sending me a pre-Christmas package!
2) We are 3 Blackburn MISSIONARIES now! WAHOO!!!! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!
3) I have an incredible family who has taught me the gospel and the way to REALLY be happy in this life.
4) I am a MISSIONARY. I get to share the BEST NEWS IN THE WORLD with people. Everyday! (See #2)
5) I have the BEST best friend a girl could ask for! Fer rills.
6) I have a great companion who is an awesome missionary. We have so much fun teaching together!
7) I have the privilege of teaching some incredible people here in Sylmar. And I was no less blessed in Canyon Country!
8) I have made some eternal friends here, with missionaries, members, and investigators alike.
9) I'm learning Spanish! That's cool, right?! haha Well, I might speak like a chola, but people can understand me nonetheless.
10) David got baptized!!! SO SO SO happy about that!!! :)
11) I bought all the ingredients and pan to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins this week. REALLY looking forward to that.
12) The new sister missionary dress code allows colored tights. I'm grateful for that.
13) I am here on earth. With a body. Even if it doesn't work very well, I'm really grateful I have it.
14) Christmas music that keeps my spirits high.
15) Dr. Richardson. Is. An. ANGEL. Wow, I don't know where I would be without him right now.
16) I have health insurance! Phew!
17) People that feed us.
18) People that talk to us.
19) Playing the piano... my one stress reliever that I can still do as a missionary!
20) The temple. And my eternal family. I don't know where I would be without this comforting knowledge.
Ok, Well I really could go on FOREVER, but you all get the idea. We all have SO much to be grateful for! So I hope you each take a few minutes and write a journal entry about what you're grateful for this week.
Speaking of journals... I've written in my journal every night for over a month! Seriously, that is SO good for me! haha Anyway, I let the first third of mission go by without a very good, consistent personal record, and that's a shame. So I'm pleased to report that I'm doing my best to correct that!
Also, David got baptized yesterday. SO HAPPY!!! He is just SO wonderful and I'm so proud of him! It can be a scary step for people, but he didn't balk at his anxiety. He knew what he felt, he knew it was true, and he just moved forward with faith. He is a great example for me, that's for sure! I definitely need a lot of faith these days! Anyway, for some reason this computer won't let me send pictures. But you'll see them all eventually. haha But it was a great baptism. Too bad no one came. I hope you ALL go to baptisms in your wards. If not, shame on you for not supporting the missionaries and new members. I hope I sound serious about that. Our work is almost pointless without the support of the members. Just sayin...
Well, that's all for now. I hope you all have a very HAPPY Thanksgiving!!! Don't forget to actually GIVE THANKS. I love you all!!